-
February 28th, 2000, 03:22 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have an EWS64XL and am running Win98 2nd ED with all the latest EWS drivers and DirectX6. I have set up 6 Wave play clients (the default) in the synthesiser properties dialog.
However, when I enumerate my DirectSound devices, only the first of these supports hardware accelerated buffers and mixing ("EWS64XL DirectSound5 driver #1 (ewsaudio.vxd)"). The remaining 5 are called "EWS64XL Wave Play #2-#6 (emulated)" and support no acelleration.
I also have an entry for a "CS4232 DirectSound Driver (ewsaudio.vxd)" which seems to support nothing but a single primary buffer, should this be there ?
Where has my hardware acceleration gone ?
Is it a problem with Win98-2ndEd, or DirectSound6.3 ?
Thanks to whoever can help - Terratec support havn't got back to me from a month ago.
-
March 2nd, 2000, 09:30 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
Hi,
Maybe at first you should specify in which application you noticed this. I myself also noticed it once with Fruity Loops, if I remember correctly. I asked for you at Terratec support. They were so kind to send me a screen shot of Rebirth, in which all drivers are present (Direct Sound and MMX).
They suggested to try the following: DISABLE HARDWARE BASED MULTIBUFFER SUPPORT' in the device manager under the SYNTHESIZER-> Settings.
Please DO email me your findings on this point, because it might be important to other users as well ([email protected]).
Regards,
Arnoud.
-
March 4th, 2000, 01:48 AM
#3
Inactive Member
install asio beta,this resolves the problem of the emulated device (directx)
asio beta installs VXD version 2.38
------------------
[This message has been edited by daniele (edited March 03, 2000).]
-
March 6th, 2000, 12:04 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks for your replies.
Firstly, the application was one of my own concoction, but don't let that put you off - I was initialising DirectSound in the prescribed way. (I find the DirectX info viewer very useful for finding out what DirectSound thinks I'm using)
Problem solved!
Installing the asio for the 2.38 VXD gave me back my 6 hardware accelerated devices, which was nice (thanks daniele). However, drivers #2-#6 sounded awful, like the sample rate conversion was screwed. So I disabled hardware multibuffer support and they sound sweet again (thanks Arnoud)
Regards
Barry
([email protected])
-
March 7th, 2000, 09:33 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I am happy that you have resolved yours problems
If you can sended your comments, problems to terratec
I hope that terratec releases the definitive versions (drivers,asio,app,win2k)
Regards
Daniele
[This message has been edited by daniele (edited March 07, 2000).]
-
March 9th, 2000, 11:33 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
Compliments for your efforst, guys/girls! I reported your findings to Terratec support.
Keep up the good work. This makes this Discussion Forum really useful.
Arnoud.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks